26.4.09

Wish List


It is not a surprise that my wish list should include music, so I'll just get started. Summer is approaching and I believe many interesting albums are about to see the light of the day.

My current wishes are:
1) Hoje - Amália Hoje (to be launched on the 27th April)
2) Oquestrada - Tasca Beat: O Sonho Português (to be launched on the 27th April)
3) Gomo - Nosy (to be launched soon)

Can't wait to have this! I am especially happy for Oquestrada whose work I've been following in the past years. I miss seeing them @ Incrível Almadense. I just hope people don't start saying they are copying Deolinda... Oquestrada have been out there for ages and after a lot of time playing live they now moved to the next stage, not that they chased it. Maybe Deolinda's success led to it, and before Deolinda we had A Naifa. I really don't think that is the point. What really matters is that is is great Portuguese music, they are all different projects with a Portuguese feeling and vibe, and we should just embrace it. It is the sort of music that makes us feel good, at home, happy and proud.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Glad you're excited to hear from me, soon. Good choice.